Welcome to Down to Communication.
The audio files on this page contain keywords and phrases used in the Down to Business English podcast. On each mp3 file, you will hear the following:
- First, the full sentence is played. It is followed by a short pause so you can mentally process the information.
- Then the sentence is divided into 2-3 chunks (depending on the length of the sentence). After each ‘chunk’ there is a long pause. During this pause, try to repeat the chunk one or two times.
- After the last chunk, you will hear the entire sentence again. You can shadow at the same time (or slightly behind the audio). AND there is another long pause after the whole sentence. During the pause, say the sentence out loud at least once. Imitate the speaker’s speed, pronunciation, and intonation.
- Finally, you will hear an audible signal that indicates the start of the next sentence.
- The process (steps 1-4) will repeat for each of the keywords.
Click on the Title to download an audioscript
D2C 126 – Developments in Saudi Arabia
D2C 125 – German Elections
D2C 124 – The Opiod Crisis in America
D2C 123 – The Federal Reserve Banking System